Saturday 15 May 2010

Attending H.E. Lech Walesa's speech


It is a blessing in disguise, only because a friend was sick so I got this invaluable chance to be in the same room with one of the greatest people in the world. He made a history too.

The one who was accompanying him was the Ambassador of the Republic of Poland: Mr Thomasz Lukaszuk, and other staff - huge bodyguards ... hehe



Impressions:
- H.E.: His Excellency, that's how he's called
- he doesn't speak English for the speech, a translator is always next to him, I wonder why?
- he's humble, he did not wish to stay in a hotel, but in a friend's house, instead

A woman made a scene at the end of the event, she was upset because she did not get a chance to ask questions, she said her husband and Mr. Walesa know each other. She screamed, "Lech Walesa is a great person, he is even great because he is still willing to confess his sins, he always goes to confession room! What a great person!"
If she is right, so it adds to my excellent impression on him.

I made some preparation to this event. I was not the main commitee, only a sidekick for the MC - a student -



I contacted Lukasz, a student of Indonesian Language Program. He is a Polish young man, I need his help to tell me the right pronunciation of Polish names.
It is interesting:
Lech Walesa, read: Lekh Vawesa
Thomasz Lukaszuk, the Ambassador of the Republic of Poland, read: Thomas Wukaszuk
Krzysztof Szumski, the Asia Pacific Director in the Misnistry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland, read: Kshyshtof Shumski
Thanks Lukasz.

Some jurnalists were there, and thank God they still remember me. This is obvious especially when they need my hand to find them important people. Luckily they can interview the Ambassador. No more help needed.

Guest Speaker Program, Pak Andre called it, good luck with the next events!!!

No comments: